Not sure what all you are trying to do, but here is some info on sharing
directories, etc, to add to what others have already said.

To allow sharing in the first place:
In konqueror RMB on some_dir -->share.
Then you get a link to setting up sharing permission. (or run the mandrakle
control center: mcc --> mount points --> partition sharing).
You'll be asked to give the root password at the appropriate places.

You can choose the dir to share in konqueror with RMB --> share and then
make your choices.

I have found  LinNeighborhood to be user friendly in the "i'm just starting
to network my computers" area.  It lets you set up mounting of directories
on the remote computer.

eric