Sorry,

meant to send this to the list as well....

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:52:38 -0500
From: Steve Jeppesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Richard Urwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [newbie] collisions reported by ifconfig

On Thu, 29 May 2003 13:05:28 +0100
Richard Urwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As for the constant traffic try disabling your mail server. If this
> doesn't stop it install Ethereal (www.ethereal.com, rpms are on MDK9.x
> CDs) capture the traffic and see if it explains the router's data
> light. Send me a capture file if you want help decoding it. (Disable
> your mail server then too, or I'll get to see your passwords.)

Sorry for not replying too quick...

mail server....am not running one.  What does nmap show?

As for Ethereal, gotta run upstairs now and find out just who is
visiting www.createafart.com  LOL

or is there a way to tell within ethereal's output?  Am off to find a
good FM so I can RTFM on ethereal!

Thank you for the info on ethereal Richard, nice network monitor
- from what I can tell so far, looks like alot of ARP traffic,
someone/something asking who has such and such IP.

ARP - should that not be directed at my IP?

Thanks
Steve

--
Linux user #280097