-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of John Aldrich
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 1999 6:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Garbled Lines and slow windows, what a mess

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> I wasn't even aware that I could select an alternative X server.  I have
> 2meg of video ram.  I just did the vanilla flavor install.  Thanks for
your
> help.

Ahh...Ok. You still haven't told us *BRAND* names of video card and
monitors. :-) We'll need that kind of info to help further. :-)
Assuming you have average to superior intelligence (IMNSHO, most
people running Linux have at LEAST average intelligence <G>) you
probably selected your video card when given the option, so you
SHOULD be running the correct X-server, but just to be safe, what vid
card do you have, and what size, brand, model of monitor do you have?
For example, I'm using a CTX 1562D 15" monitor here.
Get back to us with more detailed info and we'll be glad to help. :-)
        John