basically, my mdk 9.0 has been misbehaving, which i attribute to file
corruption just before i replaced my failing hard disk.

what i've been doing, is to download and reinstall packages manually,
WITHOUT uninstalling, cos of dependency issues, whenever the program
exhibits symptoms (eg seg faults)

however, right now, i've to search the web to find the package, then feed
the url to wget, then finally using rpm to force re-install it.
    // search web for package url
    wget http://package.url.rpm
    rpm -v --replacepkgs package_name.rpm

is there anyway of using urpmi to simplify the above process, saving me the
search and download part, given that the rpm has already been installed?

thanks