----- Original Message -----
From: Ryan Baxter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 1999 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Garbled Lines and slow windows, here are the specs

> Okay I have a 15" Axion CL1566 Monitor,

Well at least that's listed as a supported monitor type ISTR.

> a Cirrus Logic GD5446 2MB Video Card.

I would have thought that ought to be ok, but see if you can swap with
someone else to see if another card has similar problems or not - ideally
one that is listed as being supported. S3 can be good - even on a tight
budget.

>  Running Mandrake 6.1 on a 200 mhz 32MB RAM with 120MB swap space.

To be honest there are a lot of video cards which rival or exceed that spec
these days.
apart from the swap space of course.

> With this I get windows that bleed and leave traces and are hollow and
half
> way show up ...blah if you know what I mean.  THanks for your patience and
> help.

Your descriptive powers are good - I know exactly what you mean - I've been
there myself quite recently!

I'm out of ideas beyond other cards (it worked for me) - but others (older
and wiser) might help yet.

Regards,
Ian

[EMAIL PROTECTED]