Alan Shoemaker wrote:

> Axalon Bloodstone wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Eosnet Team wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.netscape.com/download/selectlanguage_1_702_411.html
> > >

> > > Here is a link to the latest version of netscape. (maybe more stable?)
> > >

> > I wouldn't recommend it, it's just as broken as the 4.61. (everybody
> > remebers the segfault on link insertion right?)
> >

> > --
> > MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
> >                                         --Axalon
>                           --Axalon
>
> EXCUSE ME!!  That statement really puts me off!  4.61 is what is in
> Mandrake's updates for 6.0!!??  It was recommended in this forum as an
> acceptable fix for the problems associated with 4.5.  Now you say this
> new (4.7) version is just as bad as the fix we had for the Mandrake 6.0
> distribution (which I still am using).  Well, what's that mean,
> EXACTLY!!??  If 4.7 is just as bad as 4.61 then upgrading to it
> shouldn't be any more of a problem than continuing to use 4.61, or
> should it??!!  Sheeesh!!!!
>
> Alan

Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, the entire 4.x line has been crap.
The HTML editor crashes randomly, name resolution locks the machine
occasionally, Java is severely broken, occasional news posts will
double-load, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks, but I'll stick with the problems I know about rather than
inheriting a whole new pile of bugs.

--
Steve Philp                     "The Internet is like crack
Network Administrator            for smart people..."