Simon Norris wrote:

> Unix type environments don't take kindly to using spaces in filenames, I
> think you've got away with it quite well!! We have often had to wipe
> complete directory structures, because someone FTP'ed a file from a win95
> box, and all the file commands in Unix/Linux depende on their being no
> spaces!

Umm... not true.

Linux deals quite well with spaces in file names.  try:

        touch "this is a file with spaces"

or
        rm this\ is\ a\ file\ with\ spaces

Both work just fine and have for a long time.  In fact, if anyone
remembers Maelstrom (a game noone seems to ship with Linux distributions
anymore), it uses directories and files with spaces in the names.

--
Steve Philp                     "The Internet is like crack
Network Administrator            for smart people..."