Y así habló JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 18:11:27 -0300
> Adriano Varoli Piazza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
>
> > I use blackbox as a Window Manager. I noticed the 9.1 Galaxy theme
> > does not work unless I copy it to the Default folder in
> > /usr/share/themes. At least, that's how I think I solved it last time.
> > I had to reinstall today, and when trying to get it to work, I notice
> > GTK 2 themed programs work properly (e.g. Mozilla, drakconf). But GTK
> > 1.x (sylpheed, gimp) apps do not: they still look ugly, with motif
> > widgets. Any clues on what to touch?
>
> not all gtk2 themes will work with gtk 1.2 apps, however, that is not
> your problem, it is that each draw their theme info from more than one
> file when you are not in Gnome.

I knew that (about the difference between themes). Fortunately I found
something almost exactly like this solution on the mandrakeusers board before
your reply kicked in.
> you should see three files in your home dir:
>
> .gtkrc, .gtkrc2.0, and .gtkrc1.2-2 or something. Make sure they all
> point to the same theme and you should be good to go. to install new
> themes just for your user, extract them into a dir called .themes in
> your home dir.
>
> also, switch to Pekwm, it's better than Blackbox and just as light :D

Define "better" please. I like Blackbox, I did some translating for it. One
problem of getting  another wm is that they tend not to accept menus or
keybindings or whatever exactly lie I had them (obviously) which in turn makes
it harder to change to something new after you understand how to use something
that works well. I'm lazy, that's what I'm trying to say. You should try to
sell it better. :)
BTW, I tried Pekwm once... I couldn't get it to compile then. Maybe when I'm in
a better mood I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the answer, anyway.

--
Adriano Varoli Piazza