On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Steve Philp wrote:

> "Joseph S. Gardner" wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone point me to a graphical representation of the linux file
> > structure.  I've been cruising through http://www.mandrakeuser.com and
> > found a fairly good written one but I live in a 3D graphical world and
> > some sort of branching tree diagram would be EXTREMELY helpful.
>
> Like a hierarchial tree of the file system?
>
>       /  ->
>               /usr
>               /bin
>               /lib
>               /etc
>               /var
>               /opt
>
> etc???

Thats what i was thinking. I'll give a better description seeing as i have
time ATM..

rpmfind's RDF was a killer browse the distribution tree, it allows you to
browse the dist tree if you select i file it'll jump to the package
description and give you a full listing of the files that package
contains. For the bandwidth deprived, you can create a local RDF with
rpm2html (located in either cooker or in contribs i've forgotten). It will
use just under 35megs.

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon