> > > I am almost at the top of the hill stage. She realises all of
> > > what you have mentioned. The genealogical software she uses isn't
> > > available on Linux. She has certainly been talking about wanting
> > > to use linux.
> >
> > What about gramps (genealogical software) as a replacement
>
> If it's a case of too much work already done to start again, why not
> consider running her software under wine, if it will, or win4lin?  I
> have Generations 8 running under win4llin.

It shouldn't be too hard though.  Export a gedcom from one program and import
into Gramps.  Thats what we have had to do there though.

Other problem is that if you are using 9.1 then you will need to get the
gramps file from Mandrake Club.  The latest release of gramps on the gramps
site won't install under 9.1

 Regards
      Trevor Rhodes