Another typical stupid article by David Coursey to generate more hits for ZDNet.

M$ is in business solely for the purpose of squeezing the most $ possible from the locked in users of their monopolistic and proprietary OS. They would never (willingly) have anything to do with open source. If someday Linux has 90% of the market, they might reconsider, but by that time their stock price would be approaching zero and it wouldn't matter.

JMO,

Mike

Alan Dunford wrote:

A friend sent this to me - thought it might be of some interest!!!

This story was printed from ZDNN ,This message was forwarded to you from ZDNet (http://www.zdnet.com)

Dear Steve: Time for Microsoft Linux? By David Coursey, AnchorDesk June 8, 2003 9:00 PM PT

Dear Steve Ballmer:

     Concerning Linux and your memo/exhortation of June 4, I'm
 pleased to see you've finally recognized--publicly, at least--the

<snip>