Hi guys

I am hoping that on this list is a regex/apache guru...
Currently, I have mdk9.0 running mod_perl/apache via virtual named hosts..

works great.

I can run mod_perl scripts in either of the following methods:

http://mydomain.com/perl/script.pl
or
http://mydomain.com:8200/perl/script.pl

so the basic proxying works..

However only the latter URL works when passed params.. like so:
http://mydomain.com:8200/perl/script.pl?id=something&function=stuff
(that one works)

This one doesn't:
http://mydomain.com/perl/script.pl?id=something&function=stuff

when I try that I always get the message that script.pl can't be found.

Since its an internal proxy, I can't see what the regex has grabbed.
This is the regex in question in the vhosts file:

RewriteRule ^(.*\/perl\/.*)$  http://127.0.0.1:8200$1 [P]

I tried adding this one too in an effort to be more specific.. but it
didn't work either:

RewriteRule /perl\/dl.pl/(.*)  http://127.0.0.1:8200/perl/dl.pl$1 [P]

What I don't understand is this:
.*

In my mind means '0' or more of 'anything'

so why is it not catching params??

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

regards

Franki