On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 23:03, Jonathan Shilling wrote:
> hmmmm.....
> I could have swore that the courts had decided that too much of the code in
> Unix could be attributed to others, and that very little remained of what
> AT&T had originally developed, but I could very well be wrong.  I also
> thought that Berkly had started a counter suit and AT&T had settled out of
> court.  Anyone else remember any of this, or am I just nuts?
> :)
> -- Jonathan

That is quite true. Look, if you take a look at the big picture, SCO is
foundering on the brink - they're really hoping to get bought out or
just raise enough money to make the shareholders happy - and more and
more it's being shown that M$ is pulling some strings here and there
behind the scenes...SCO is going down. That's it in a nutshell. But
they're doing harm in the interim. M$ is hoping this will smear the
OSS/linux face enough to make THEM look good throughout all of this.

--
Wed Jun 11 23:10:00 EST 2003
 23:10:00 up 4 days,  9:01,  4 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.13, 0.11

Woody: What's happening, Mr. Peterson?
Norm:  The question is, Woody, why is it happening to me?
                -- Cheers, Strange Bedfellows, Part 1

Woody: What's going down, Mr. Peterson?
Norm:  My cheeks on this barstool.
                -- Cheers, Strange Bedfellows, Part 2

Woody: Hey, Mr. Peterson, can I pour you a beer?
Norm:  Well, okay, Woody, but be sure to stop me at one. ...
       Eh, make that one-thirty.
                -- Cheers, Strange Bedfellows, Part 2