On Wednesday 11 Jun 2003 1:29 am, Ralph Bagwell wrote:
> My 9.1 install went great - I can surf the web, listen to CD's ,
> view images and play mp3's - etc -but I can't get my printer to
> work which is shared on another computer on my LAN.

> Well, my printer is an Epson COLOR 600 but I don't know where the
> "EpsonSty" or the "ralphleft.mshome.net" comes from. The computer
> is identified as "ralphleft" but maybe the "mshome" should be
> "WORKGROUP" which is the name I use on my LAN.
>
> I think I am real close to getting it right - can someone give me a
> shot of "help" please.
>
> Ralph  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ralph, I was hoping someone had more ideas than I have on this.  Since
no-one has picked it up...

First, that entry of ralphleft.mshome.net.  It seems odd, that a
computer that appears to be on a subnet called mshome.net is able to
communicate at all with one called WORKGROUP.  I'd look first at why
it's called that, and whether you can change entries to match.

Then, if you can reach the required computer by pinging, both by ip
and by name, I would assume that it's not a network problem, but
possibly a spooling problem.  Where is the outgoing print being
spooled to?  Can you see the unprinted message in a spool file under
/var/spool somewhere?

Hope this sets off some useful thoughts for you

Anne