Can anybody tell me:

(UDMA is not available for the Ali Chipset on the new Mandrake 6.1 as
opposed to the 6.0 distribution).

- where can the uniform IDE driver patch for UDMA support on Ali
Chipsets for kernel 2.2.13 be downloaded from?
(This kernel version seems to be very special)

- how do I patch the kernel source (2.2.13) that comes with Mandrake 6.1
for the above patch?
(I have never done a kernelpatch before only custom compiled. So I need
a carefull explanation)

If I can not get a solution to this problem I would say to all who have
Ali Chipset (f.x. on Asus P5A-B motherboards) do not "upgrade to 6.1!
UDMA works fine on 6.0 for the Ali Chipset with customized kernel, but
it do not work on 6.1 - even with customized kernel.

By the Way can I install the kernelsource from 6.0 on 6.1 compile it and
run everything with out problems?

Smed
Denmark