On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 20:52, maxim j NARBROUGH wrote:
> Am a bit stuck on x86config file editing, i.e. don't have a clue.
> I successfully installed the Nvidia driver pack, but now need to edit
> the x86config to run it so that I can finally boot into X rather than
> just the console.

You need to become root (either log in as root or run the su command).
Then you need to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and make the changes
prescribed by NVidia.

Note that you need to edit /etc/inittab (or run MCC and go through the
boot section) to make X load at boottime.

Good luck
Paul
--
I am not a politician and my other habits are also good.
-A. Ward

http://nlpagan.net - Linux Mandrake - Ximian Evolution