On Friday 13 June 2003 07:26 am, Jon Vahlberg wrote:

> At this stage I am quite happy with Mandrake v9.0. However at some stage I
> will go to Mandrake v9.1. Usually when I do I save the files I want and
> then do a re-install (rather than upgrade). SInce I have just started to
> use Kmail what's the best way of migrating the folders across (when I do
> make the move)?

The config settings for kmail are kept in the ~/.kde directory, but the
messages themselves are kept in the ~/Mail directory.  For compatibility
reasons, you may have to let the KDE in 9.1 set up its own ~/.kde directory,
but if you don't touch ~/Mail, you won't lose your messages.  If your home is
on a seperate partition, just don't format it when you do the install.  If it
is on the same partition as the system, just back up .kde and Mail and
anything else you want to carry over.

--
Greg