On Saturday 14 Jun 2003 12:13 am, Stuart Guthrie wrote:
> I´m trying to use the inverted comma character (ie ") in Evolution
> and lots of other parts of Mandrake 9.1 including the console. It
> doesn´t type a quote. If I press it twice it types a thing that
> looks like a quote but is not (ie ¨) (scripts with it in fail). Can
> someone help me? Where do I correct this behaviour?
>
> I´m in Australia (apologies for our current government BTW) so I´m
> using a US keyboard I guess.

This sort of problem is usually connected to keyboard/language/locale.
For the keyboard, try mcc > Hardware > KeyboardDrake.  You have US
keyboard, US International keyboard and UK keyboard.  You can easily
change between them to see if any suit you better.  Aternatively, if
you use kde, you can use K > Configuration > Control Centre >
Accessibility, where you will find both keyboard layouts and regions.

HTH

Anne