You may remember that a week or two ago I agreed to approach
MandrakeSoft about adding a link to the TWiki page, either in the
Mandrake footer, or in the newbie welcome letter.

There is a possible legal liability if they agree to the former.  They
would be taking some legal responsibility for something that they
could not control - and we have to accept that this is not
reasonable.  However, I have today received from Gael Duval an email
containing the following paragraphs.

<quote>
As a result, here is what we can do (and will do):

1) build a page at mandrakelinux.com or @ mandrakesoft.com where
newbies
(and others) could find interesting pointers about Mandrake.

2) as it's going to be "small and cheap" for beginning, and as we
certainly won't want to copy-paste the Twiki site (!), we will put and
highlight the newbie Twiki site on this page.

3) in all newbie emails, we put a "S.O.S." link or similar, to the Mdk
page which includes the link to Twiki.
</quote>

This should be a great help to new members of the community.

The latest Community Newsletter did, of course, give the TWiki some
publicity, and perhaps that explains the huge number of new sign-ups
<g>.  There is a growing confidence that this site is and will be a
genuine benefit to Mandrake users.

Anne