On Sat, 02 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I am getting a font error when booting into KDE which is set for auto-load. How
> > can I stop this? All my monitor does is reset itself.  Is there a command once
> > I'm at the login: screen to stop the auto-load? I have about 3 seconds before
> > KDE begins to load. BTW, Yes I've searched HOW-TO's on this with no luck. :(
> > Thanks,
> > Valheru
> >
> At the LILO prompt, type "linux 3" and that should do it. NOTE: This
> *MUST* be done at the LILO prompt, NOT at the boot-up screen! This
> will put you in console mode, rather than in X-windows, and
> hopefully, you can figure out what needs to be fixed while in console
> mode!

That works for a single time. For a more permanant fix edit the line in
/etc/inittab
from id:5:initdefault:
to id:3:initdefault:

or

run linuxconf
click the boot
click the mode tab
click "default boot mode" button
click "text mode & network"
click accept and quit then activate the changes when you exit linuxconf
(personally I think that it is easier to just edit the /etc/inittab file)

--
Alex