Hello Derek,

Wednesday, June 18, 2003, 2:36:07 AM, you wrote:

DJ> I am not sure what you are trying to achieve here. I know partimage can create
DJ> partitions, but I was not aware it could be used to create ghost images.

It's not quite 'Ghost', which can create a clone disk. I was thinking
of using partimage to create an image of disk1, but put them on disk2.
It would not be a clone, but could restore back to another disk1 to
create a semi-clone. :-)

DJ> As for booting Mandrake from floppy. No

I know I can't do the whole GUI thing, but I'd settle for just enough
to run a script, which in turn would run partimage. Could a REALLY
barebones MD be set up to do only that?

DJ> However if you snag yourself a copy of Knoppix
DJ> http://www.knoppix.org/
DJ> You will get a fully bootable Linux system from CD with a large set of tools.
DJ> It runs in memory and will not harm an existing Win installation.

Interesting idea, especially if one of the tools is partimage.

--
Thank you,
 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]