On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 08:39:07 -0400
Greg Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Saturday 14 June 2003 04:44 pm, Aron Smith wrote:
> > Bought one of those little usb pendrives M9.1 reconizes it but it is read
> > only any body know how to reset it to r/w ?
>
> I recall this happened to me somewhere and I recall right-clicking the device
> somewhere and being able to select whether I wanted to change it to
> read/write mode.  Perhaps in the file management view of konqueror.

Did you ever get this to work Aron?  As I said earlier, mine worked out of the
box under Mandrake 8.2, but have just installed 9.1 on the older PC and found
that mount would only bring it up as read only.  There was a suspicious entry
in /etc/fstab for the pendrive (auto in the line and kudzu in the attribute
list).  Having deleted that entry I could mount it fine from the command line
  mount -t ext2 /dev/sda1 /z
An earlier attempt, before modifying fstab, was
  mount -t ext2 -w /dev/sda1 /z
which failed with a message indicating that the device was write protected.
It objected to the -w option.  This implies that 8.2 either does not check
for write protection or ignores it.
--
Len Lawrence
The most serious doubt that has been thrown on the authenticity of the