On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 09:39, Brian Parish wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 01:12, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > On Thursday 19 Jun 2003 3:38 pm, Brian Parish wrote:
> > > 9.1 includes alsa, but not the tools.  Does anyone know of a compatible
> > > rpm for this?  The source tarball from the alsa site complains about
> > > wrong versions - the usual issues.  I've fought the alsa battle too many
> > > times in the past - don't want to do it no more.
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > Brian
> >
> > Do you mean alsa-utils? It is in the distro
> >
> Nope.  Utils are OK.  There's another set called tools which includes
> stuff like the multi-channel mixer for the envy24 chipset.  Required for
> full use of the features of some professional cards.

A friend tells me that the packages within alsa tools have been
individually packaged as rpms.  This makes sense as you really only need
the mixer app specific to your card.  The one I need is envy24control,
or maybe just envy24.  Haven't found it yet, but I'll have a search for
it tomorrow.

cheers
Brian