On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 08:05, Aron Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 16:01, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 23:44, ed tharp wrote:
> >
> > > yep, channel #2 bridge, right near Holiday Isle.
> >
> > Funny it's been literally 20 years since being down that way and I still
> > remember it so clearly. I was recently attempting to describe snorkeling
> > around Turkey Point to some people - strange, that.
> Got a T-shirt down that way says ..Everyone Needs A Little Nukie (Turkey
> Point Nuclear Power Plant)

I used to do all of Turkey Point's Forklift repair, when I worked for
Caterpillar, until (after they had shut down the reactor due to a
radioactive steam leak that went on for 8 month inside the containment
building) they brought a truck out to me, and after I watched the
contract guards sweep it with a Gieger counter, and then resweep the
forks area. when they brought it to where I was, they said "it's clean,
but try and stay away from the forks". I had already decided that the
type of person working in the nuclear power industry was the kind of
person much more worried about "covering their butt" than "getting the
job done right", so I decided right then that they could bring that
forklift up to the shop in Miami before _I_ worked on it. WHen my
Supervisor told me I _HAD_ to do turkey point's work, I quit working for
the Caterpillar Dealer (well, gave 2 weeks notice)

ET