Use Lilo,

1. Install Mandrake 9.1 and then when you have to configure the disk partition , make sure there are enough free space for your second Mandrake 9.1 instalation.
2. Choose lilo as the bootloader, and place it on the MBR (master boot record) on your harddisk. it's easier to use.
3. Install second Mandrake 9.1 on the rest of free partition on your harddisk.
4. Most important think, when configuring Lilo, make sure install it on the First partition of your Mandrake Instalation. It depends whether you choose boot partition on separate partition or on root partition.

5. Boot on the first Mandrake 9.1 instalation.
Find your second Mandrake boot partition and after your figure it out, make the mount point of it, then edit and add it on your /etc/fstab file configuration.
example :

/dev/hda5 /mnt/Your_Second_Mandrake_instalation ext3 defaults 0 0

6. Edit your /etc/lilo.conf and add the line like this :

image=/mnt/Your_Second_Mandrake_instalation/vmlinuz-2.4.18
root=/dev/hdax -----------------> your second_mandrake_root_partition
read-only
label=Second_Mandrake_9.1_instalation
7. Make sure you know where your place your boot partition, on separate boot partition or in your root partition.

Hope this help.

Good luck.

LeaAnne Kolp wrote:

Hi all,

I need some help. I'm new to linux, and my linux machine
is my main computer. The problem I have is, I want to install
2 versions of Mandrake 9.1 on my 30G hd.

I'm tired of trying to learn linux on my main machine and
loosing all my programs and email :(

So I got the bright idea of dual booting it.

Can someone help me on how to do this?

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!