Hello,
I (sort of) administer a Linux box.

Please, look at the following scenario:
1. I logon to Linux box
2. in the telnet console I initialize a ftp session, from the Linux
box, to another machine (machine 2)
3. I initialize a download from machine 2 to the Linux box
4. I put the ftp process in the background
5. logout from the Linux box

In this moment, I expect the download to continue, but it doesn't.
I if use the same scenario but I use wget instead of ftp, the download
works in background even after I logout the Linux box.

Question: it is normal that the ftp download stops after I logout or
am I missing something?

--
 Regards,
 Ciprian