Hi all,

I have a font problem in java apps running under ML 9.1 which is very hard
to explain so I have screenshot showing exactly what I mean. I can send
this to anyone who is willing to help.

Basically what happens is this. The height of the default java font
(Dialog) is not being calculated correctly under ML 9.1. So all
components, like buttons, are much higher than they should be.

I know that Dialog is just a link which by default points to Lucida Sans
and this can be changed in the jre font.properties file. But the strange
thing is that if the font of a particular component is set to Lucida Sans
directly then the height is calculated correctly and the component looks
like it should. So the problem isn't the Lucida Sans font. This can be
seen clearly on the screenshot which I made.

This only happens on ML 9.1. On 9.0 it works as it should. I have also
tried different jre's like Blackdown's 1.4.1 and Sun's 1.4.1 and 1.4.2
beta and they all have this problem. So this is a ML 9.1 specific issue.
I have also performed various installations of ML 9.1 on different
machines and the results are the same.

So if anybody has seen this and can help me I would be very grateful. And
don't forget, I can send anyone a screenshot which makes it much clearer
to see the problem.

TIA,

--
Guilherme Cirne