On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 21:45, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In protest at the 'Microsoft tax' -cannot (in many places) buy a
> computer without windows, but cannot get a refund when you refuse
> license.
>
> http://www.windowsrefund.net
>
> Details under "What's happening" (court case against Toshiba
> (America) in New York rescheduled for June 30th)
>
> Paul M.

This is one of the bits in the XP EULA that I always find rather, er,
scary - at best...
<QUOTE FROM XP EULA>

You may also need to reactivate the Product if you modify
your computer hardware or alter the Product. There are
technological measures in this Product that are designed
to prevent unlicensed or illegal use of the Product.
You agree that we may use those measures.

</END QUOTE>

The term "draconian" constantly comes to mind here...

--
Sat Jun 28 23:25:00 EST 2003
 23:25:00 up 3 days, 23:11,  4 users,  load average: 1.03, 1.07, 1.02

gyroscope, n.:
        A wheel or disk mounted to spin rapidly about an axis and also
        free to rotate about one or both of two axes perpindicular to
        each other and the axis of spin so that a rotation of one of the
        two mutually perpendicular axes results from application of
        torque to the other when the wheel is spinning and so that the
        entire apparatus offers considerable opposition depending on
        the angular momentum to any torque that would change the direction
        of the axis of spin.
                -- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary