Johan Scheepers wrote:

So there it is hiding - on my system and CD if I press F1 the system hangs
forever and even enter will not work.

I don't know why that is happening.It must be reading of CD1 to get to splash screen,so it's not a question of a rom drive, driver, and you haven't even begun hardware detection, so it cannot be that. I have never know a hangup on selecting F1 at the splash screen.

Have to reset system but enter works when pressed first - this is a
downloaded version of mdk9.1 I buy from a firm that sells them.

I doubt there is anything wrong with the discs.

Any ideas why?

I wonder whether something in bios may be interfering. It's about all I can think of right now. Maybe someone else has a better idea?

Thanks
Johan

--
John Richard Smith