On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 09:23, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> On Saturday 28 June 2003 03:37 pm, Grant wrote:
> > > I'm going to go take some photos right now.  Is it going to be able to
> > > upload to Mandrake?  Any tips?
> > >
> > > - Grant
> >
> > Wow, in Windows I have to install a driver for it, but in Mandrake it
> > popped right up as soon as it was plugged in.  Sweet!
> >
> > - Grant
>

> Grant:
> >From what I've seen on this list, some folks have had problems with USB
> cameras. Information about your camera would be useful to anyone who is
> considering adding one.
> -- cmg

Friend of mine came by with his Sony Cybershot 2.1 megapixel DSC-S50; I
plugged it into the USB hub, turned the camera on, fired up "kdf", saw
the camera as a mountable device, mounted it, navigated to the
/mnt/camera directory, and happily copied the JPG's where I saw fit.
Wasn't rocket science, but then again, Sony is a relatively large
brand...had more problems connecting this camera to a Win98 box and the
XP box...

--
Mon Jun 30 21:35:00 EST 2003
 21:35:00 up 5 days, 21:21,  3 users,  load average: 1.39, 1.23, 1.09

Say my love is easy had,
        Say I'm bitten raw with pride,
Say I am too often sad --
        Still behold me at your side.