On Monday 30 June 2003 08:13 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 10:28, Graham Banks wrote:
> > Just like to announce to the list that my three computers are now
> > completely free from the dreaded operating system from redmond. I have
> > been running mdk without a single regret - I can do everything I have to
> > do for work and play the way
> > I want to do it!
> >
> > The final stumbling block was overcome by introducing the girl who
> > handles my reports
> > in the office to the magic of rtf.
> >
> > I am working to convince my g/f that she too can get by without the
> > presence of the evil-empire
> > infecting her pc - then the whole house will be FREE
> >
> > keep up the good work folks - your contributions to this list have
> > helped me immensely in being
> > able to do this .... Thank you.
> >
> > Graham
>
> Ain't it a great feeling?
>
> I love showing customers the "server's" desktop when they pop by -
> generally it's NOTHING close to what an M$ desktop looks like, and
> they're always amazed that I've got something different going on on six
> different desktops; and for them to see how I can quickly get their
> Windows boxen up on the network and then start scanning it for bugs (boy
> does THAT get'em! Especially when I find heaps of bugs and they're
> already got either McAfee or Symantec/Norton! Ha!).

<snip>
Stephen, how do you scan a windows box for bugs? I would like to scan my
wifes' comp from my linux system and show her what shows up for virii and
wormies. Can you  point  me in the right direction for knowledge base. I
don't even know the right words or man pages to look at. Thanks,

--
Dennis M. linux user #180842