I have a stock B&W 350mhz G3 with 400 something megs of ram.

I am trying to install mandrake 9.1 ppc onto an 80 gig deskstar drive.

I managed to install OS9 on one partition and left a big space for
Mandrake to use.  After OS9 was installed and I saw that it was
working, I plopped in the 9.1 CD and re-booted with the "C" key held
down.  The install went without a hitch, I picked "L" for Linux at the
yboot prompt but then a few seconds later things round to a halt.

This is what it says. . .

creating root device
Mounting root filesystem without flags noatime
ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide
hda: driver not present
mount: error 6 mounting ext 3 flags noatime
well, retrying without the option flags
ide-floppy driver 099.newide
hda: driver not present

<snip>

Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init = option to kernel.

I dug through the archives and saw that someone had a similar problem
but solved it with something in his /BootX.

I thought BootX was for "OldWorld" machines and I didn't have to worry
about that.

Could someone please help me get this worked out?

Thanks in advance.

William Eggington -- http://www.eggington.net