I now have,

/dev/hda6 of 4.89gigs
with M9.0 already in full use for some time,
and backed up to partimage image file M91.000

/dev/hda7 of4.89gigs
with M9.1 sufficiently configured to be of some real use,
and backed up to image file M91005.000,
and written to disc for recovery purposes.

The partimage image files are done with --nombr flag so will NOT rewrite the mbr.

I wonder ,

Instead of using M9.1 installation CD's to reformat /dev/hda6 and reinstalling everything again on /dev/hda6 so that I have two identicle M9.1's on the same harddrive,
Why not simply use my partimage M91005.000 image file to create a second M9.1 on /dev/hda6 .
I can then boot M9.1 on /dev/hda7 and get to dektop and rewrite the /etc/lilo.con to boot the second M9.1 on /dev/hda6 . It would save much time and post install configuration.

Would anyone like to venture an opinion as to whether it will work.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]