On Saturday 05 July 2003 08:47 pm, walt wrote:
> I am not a big fan of the "dummies" books, but I was in a book store at the
> local mall today and saw redhat Linux 9.0 for dummies and it included 2
> cd's. I didn't see one for mandrake. I own an old copy of Linux for dummies
> and found it a little helpful way back when. (of course I didn't have this
> list to depend on either LOL)
>
> Walt

i'm glad you brought that up, because there's a discount store up here with
TONS of dummies books.  so my question is.....

are they even decent for a reference book?  as in a quick desk reference book?
i know there's a lot of other linux books out there, and i believe "linux in
a nutshell" was said to be a great desk reference book.  just curious, i need
all the help i can get at this point!  thanks.

Mike