Thanks guys I think I got it working!  Being the
impatient individual i can be, I just took the 1st of
advice from Robin:

1. Boot to console (had to since X didn't work)
2. Ran drakxconf => Selected Display Conf
3. Chose nVidia Geforce FX driver
4. DID NOT run test (for some reason that didn't work)
5. Saved changes and started X

Then I was up!  The nicest thing was the newest nVidia
driver install.  Just downloaded the driver, quit X,
sh'ed the driver, changed the nv line to nvidia in my
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and that was it!!

Thanks again to all for the help and to Stephen for
the vid card recommendation.  Now if I can get Enemy
Territory to work on Linux: one more nail the XP
coffin =)

By the way, what's the difference between drakxconf
and XFdrake?  Same tool with different names or is
XFdrake more powerful for vid config?