On 11 Jul 2003 16:35:21 +1000
Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> BTW, what was the issue, and how did you resolve it - for those of us
> that really want to know...???

Well, I really just wanted to get into the BIOS to poke around, and this
whole thing just went crazy, I can't believe how many responses I got to
this thread! But I now have one pain in the ass Win98 box to send off to
mother of wife of brother-in-law, and one identical box (compaq
deskcrud, P200, 192 MB RAM) with Mandrake 9.1 to hack to bits. Maybe
it'll end up as my web/mail/file/print server if it behaves...

I never did get it to do a network install of MDK...who knows what the
hell that was about.

I still think CG's recommendation for the compaq is most realistic!

--
 Joehill
 Registered Linux user #282046