I'm currently using an Intel EtherExpress 16, and I selected Intel EtherExpress from
the installation options.  I set my domain, host, IP, and everything else up correctly...
but as soon as linux has finished loading it starts to echo:

i82586 reset timed out, kicking...
i82586 reset timed out, kicking...
i82586 reset timed out, kicking...
i82586 reset timed out, kicking...
i82586 reset timed out, not responding, giving up.

I get those lines every few seconds, which makes it hard to accomplish anything else while linux is
running.  Is there some way I can turn this off or disable it?  Any suggestions on how to get my ethernet
card working(i'm pretty sure it's compatible)?

Thx,
Steve