On Wednesday 16 Jul 2003 9:58 am, Peter Stokes wrote:
> Hi
>
> My old parallel port scanner is a no no with MDK according to all the
> docs I have read and I did try it without success. So on to buying a new
> one.
>
> I have USB 2 interface and have heard that USB scanners work well with
> xsane etc, but which one to buy?
>
> Some recommendations would be welcomed as most/all of the scanners do
> not have linux compatible notices on the box (some day this may happen).
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

Whatever you do check with this list
http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html   and
http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html
before buying anything.

There are a *lot* of different scanners on the market and not all have
drivers. Even from the same manufacturer.
If you run scannerdrake from mandrake control Centre and press the button for
"Add a scanner manually" you will see a list of drivers supplied with
Mandrake.

HTH

derek

--