On Friday 18 Jul 2003 1:38 pm, Tango Echo wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> Can any of you recommend an inexpensive Linux
> compatible video capture card?  I am told the primary
> need for this card will be for converting VHS tapes to
> file.  I saw the  ATI TV wonder VE on pricewatch for
> about $47.  However, this card looks quite basic (does
> it only transfer video - no sound?).
>
> Secondly, what would be a good app to capture the
> video once the appropriate hardware has been
> purchased?
>
> Thanks!

I have a WinTV-Go card installed and use streamer, a part of the xawtv
package, to do my captures via the coax cable running from my vcr/set-top
box/aerial. I use this setup to digitise old video recordings or as a digital
vcr setup with crom scripts.

This card was quite cheap and performs well enough for my needs.

Hope this helps.