On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:17:49 -0500
Brooks Family <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> Does anyone know where I can get some themes for Gnome 2.2 that have
> transparent backgrounds in the  windows?  (i.e., when I open up, say,
> terminal, I can still see my desktop background behind the text)

I'm not sure that exists. You can have "transparent" terminal windows
in Gnome terminal, it's in the settings, and Eterm and others also
support this.

"True" transparency does not exist in X yet, all it's really doing is
drawing the root window, anything "transparent" will never show any
objects underneath it, just the background image.

--
Joehill
Registered Linux user #282046