This is weird: i used to see that same error, and others did too, so i
just made a filter to delete it.  Since then though, i switched to
sylpheed and only made filters as needed.  Now i realize that i no
longer get that error.

I wonder if someone has a spam filter running that bounces mail back
until (s)he or the filter determines it's not spam?

Anyway, you oughtta be able to just send it to trash with a filter and
be fine...