Greetings all.

As I prepare (read find the time) to set up a Linux network at home i have
been reading up on NFS.  This is apparently the standard Unix file
sharing/networking system.  However whenever I read something about it I
read things like "its slow, horrible, etc" (nfs-howto) or "has security
problems so I wouldn't recommend it" (the new Linux Administration Made Easy
guide - found it on freshmeat yesterday).

Is NFS really that bad? - I am yet to read anything positive about it.  If
it is that bad is there some kind of Linux networking system that is
better/quicker/more secure than NFS?  I want to use a Linux server and
workstation setup

What's the opinion of all you Linux/Unix gurus/sysadmins out there of NFS?

Aaron