On Wednesday 16 July 2003 09:46 pm, Pilagá wrote:

>       Your Spanish is splendid, Jim, don't worry. I'm using aRts and rezound
> without problems.  Wich is, exactly, your problem? Is your card correctly
> configured? Can you play CDs, oggs, wavs, mp3s, DVDs...? Also, check the
> card settings under: K> Configuration> Control Center> Sound> Sound System
> (Take care, this is a 'brutal' translation, from Spanish to English, of KDE
> menus.)
>
>       Suerte

Hola,

        Tengo mas suerte, poco mas.  Having removed my head from parts best left
unidentified, I can now use Krec.  Being largely ignorant of a lot of the
features in rezound, I can't comment on how most of them work, but I can play
files with rezound, and use effects et cetera.  By the way, could you suggest
a good book on the concepts represented by all these features (filters,
effects et alii)?

        I still cannot record with rezound, however.  I get the following from
rezound whenever I try:
ERROR
COSSSoundRecorder::initilize(CSound*)
--error opening OSS device '/dev/dsp [sic]
--Device or resourse busy

This is the reason that I asked about aRts awareness.  I don't know how, or
whether I need, to disabuse the initializer of the notion that I'm using OSS.

        Another problem could be that the aRts audio manager (type 'artscontrol,'
then select View -> Audio Manager), in Krec, had entries for the i/o busses.
there is no such detection of rezound in the manager.

Paz y Linux
        Jim.