A message keeps popping up telling me the sound server has been
suspended but I was still getting sounds.
Today:
 I get:
 Error while initializing sound driver.
device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such file or directory)
The sound server will continue using the null output device.

xmms won't recognize the URL I entered yesterday to stream a radio
station - hitting the play button opens the files list - I choose one
(MP3) hit ok, but it doesn't show in the xmms window and nothing will
play.

Realplayer says 'cannot open audio device another application may be
using it'
The first message has been occurring over the last few days - the rest
just this am after the power went down and the UPS didn't give me any
time to shut down.
Did the file system integrity check - everything started ok except
sound.

I'm lost. Where do I start??
Thanks,
Curt
Yesterday's email problem was resolved by my ISP - they entered the
domain name incorrectly! At least I think it's resolved... no email from
newbie  list so far (since 1600 hrs GMT - when things were "fixed")
--
Registered Linux User #299730
Registered Machine #2046