>From experience, the only distros that will work well on these machines are
old (meaning less eye-candy) and out-of-date.  I have a P75 with 32 meg that
does fine on the 486 (Yes, 486) version of Mandrake 7.01.  Those machines
were tedious with any version (even 7.x) optimized for the Penium.  RedHat
386 (circa 6.x) ran fine on a P90 with 32 megs.  An old Caldera 2.4 was o.k.
on a P75 with 16 megs, but nothin' to write home about.  Can't give you any
url's to dl, but at least some should be available.   Where are you??,  I
could burn you a copy of mdk for 486 and mail it, if you are in the U.S. or
Canada.  No way I can load it to you--I'm on dial-up 8(.