From: Ricardo Tijerina
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 1999 6:42 PM
Subject: [newbie] File Manager for Linux

Has anyone had a problem using the KDE File Manager in Mandrake or Red Hat
Linux v6.0. You login as root and when you startup the file manager, it asks
you for the root password. Every character that you key into the password
prompt is replaced by 3 asterisks. I key in the root password and it does
not take me into the file manager. Is there a configuration setting that I
need to change or what???

Ricardo Tijerina
LAN Administrator
Texas A&M International University
* Computer & Telecommunications Services *

Voice..: (956)326-2302
Fax....: (956)326-2299
E-Mail.: [EMAIL PROTECTED]