1) Yes you can upgrade by running 6.1's install.

2) 6.1 will try to reconfigure your X settings.  (if it doesn't, just run
X-configurator)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bob Jakuc
Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 11:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] 6.0 to 6.1 and a new video card

Hi all. Just joined to list and this is my first post.

A while back I D/Led the .iso image of Linux-Mandrake 6.0, burned it
and installed it with no problem (nice having access to a fractional
T3 net connection).

Just recently D/Led the 6.1 .iso image.

Question 1:

Can I upgrade my 6.0 installation to 6.1 by rerunning the
Linux-Mandrake install?

Question 2:

I installed a new video card since I did the 6.0 install, it works
but I don't know if it's working optimally. Should I just rerun
Xconfiguator or will that happen when I do the upgrade?

TIA

Cheers!
--Bob Jakuc
"Computers let you make more mistakes faster than
any other invention in human history, with the possible
exception of handguns and tequila." --Mitch Radcliffe