Aron Smith wrote:

On Monday 28 July 2003 06:50 am, Marco Verheul wrote:

Hi,

I downloaded the latest Evolution form Tekstar and i want to update my
current version withthe new rpm. It's in my download directory that is
known as one of the sources in the Software Sources Manager (Mandrake
Control Center).

When I choose to update software it seems that only available updates
from a mirror site are shown, not the sources on my own machine.

How can i update using my downloaded rpm's?

Marco

Do you have your download directory configured as a software source in MCC ?

It's not that obvious how your supposed to do that in MCC.

But cannot you simply cd to directory <downloaded packages> in a terminal and then proceed to urpmi <packagename> ,enter>

I guess not ?

John

--
John Richard Smith