On Thu, 07 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> Another problem I am having is when I try to run KDE ( and I might be
> doing it wrong to begin with...) is that when I type kde from the prompt
> it trys to load and gives me "Xserver could not load" and dumps me back
> to the prompt.

You're going about it all wrong....type "startx" (minus quotes) to
load Xwindows and KDE should be the default Window Manager. :-)
Also, you only need to put your LILO in /dev/hda. Also, you may have
a problem due to the fact that the "off the shelf" kernel doesn't
support booting from SCSI, which may explain why it's trying to write
more than just LILO to the "C:" drive.
        John