Marco Verheul wrote:
Hi all,

I want to design a logo with Gimp and I need to insert a simple straight
horizontal line. How do I do this?

In my experience, the GIMP is best for what its name implies: image _manipulation_. For designing from scratch I find xfig works better, despite its yucky GUI. OpenOffice Draw isn't bad for simple stuff. Once you've got your basic design, then you can always use the GIMP to add flashy effects to it.

If you want to get really ambitious, try Blender. It's an animation program, but you can also use it as a kind of 3D CAD program.

Sir Robin

--
"There are other rules, but you'll find out what those are when you break them."
- Blake's 7

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi